Friday, October 1, 2010

THE STILL LIFE






During this past summer, my studio time was spent producing three paintings for an invitational group show featuring still life paintings that opens October 2 at the Elliott Fouts Gallery in Sacramento, California. When the gallery invited me to partake, it was an offer I could not refuse. I would get to show across the continent with many talented artists new to me and four amazing artists: Christopher StottNeil HollingsworthOtto Lange and Paul Coventry-Brown, all of which I've communicated with in the past few years. It's as if all the stars aligned to bring us all together for this group exhibition.




As an added bonus this exhibition is featured in the October 2010 issue of American Art Collector. Two images of my paintings made it on the pages of the magazine. Held over Monet is featured on page 34 in the ''Upcoming show State by State guide'' while Red Current Jelly is included in the exhibition's promo poster on page 61. I was informed by the gallery that both of these paintings generated interest early on and sold even before the show was hung.

I wish to express my sincere thanks to Elliott Fouts and Michelle Satterlee for this great opportunity and for extending the invitation for future representation, making my artwork more accessible to the American market.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alvin! You really deserve it, your work is beautiful and you fit in perfectly with the other artists there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alvin,
    Congratulations!! Tons of Congrats! Please enjoy it and keep up wonderful work.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Alvin!... Bien fait certainement!

    Success will always come to those who are patient... stretching their talent... and painting with passion.

    Hope that these new opportunities usher in further encouragement and success for you Alvin. "You"... are very deserving!

    Good Painting!
    Salut!
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Alvin,
    One look at your work, I knew you would go far and that I wanted to follow your success closely. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! Your work is truly amazing and a terrific inspiration for me. I'm going today to find a copy of the Art Collector magazine. Congratulations again and you deserve every bit of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Alvin! There's always so much going on with you.

    Congrats on the show and publication!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carol, Sadami & Bruce for your kind words and heart felt message.
    ----
    thanks Brian....all I can say is that I have passed up several great artistic opportunities this year, just because I have not painting to my full potential....but then again, LIFE is what happens when you are busy doing other things.

    ---------

    Carrie & L.W., I am humbled to read that in some way my artwork has been a source of inspiration. There are so many artists out there who do the same for me and continue to be a driving force and source of motivation. An art teacher once told me, ''You are only as good as your latest work'', with that said I strive to do my best with every piece. Thanks you for those touching words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just wonderful, Alvin, congratulations! I hope to one day be able to see your work on exhibit... most likely on this side of the continent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Alvin! Well deserved. I would have loved to have seen the show. What an impressive lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Todd, Liz & David!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congratulations, Alvin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one Alvin, I hope this leads on to more successful paintings and sales

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Alvin! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way-to-go Alvin!! Your time and work is seeing results. Love the story behind the painting with vase purchased in Charlottetown!
    Congratulations.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Andrea, Nick, Don & Audrey...your comments brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Félicitations Alvin ! tu le mérites.

    Tones of congratulations

    ♥ Hélène Glehen - a French artist, fond of roses and romantic stuff ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the show and the sales! That is so exciting. I was happy to see your work in the magazine. I meant to come in and congratulate you when I saw it, but I've been so busy, I can't seem to keep a thought in my head for too long. So I apologize for being late with the congrats, but I am truly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete